Cup song became popular when it was covered by Anna Kendrick in Pitch Perfect in 2012. Cup Song is based on an old child game. Read about how Cup Song originated here. Playing Cup Song appears to be difficult at first but trust me it’s quit easy and can be mastered in few hours. To master it easily I have divided the procedure in two parts. Here is how to play Cup Song.
Requirement: A Cup. ( A hard plastic cup makes maximum sound.)
How to play cup song – Part A:
- Clap twice
- Hit the table three times. First with Right hand, followed by Left hand and lastly Right hand
- Clap again once
- Pick up the cup with your right hand and put it down.
- Clap once again.
How to play cup song – Part B:
- Turn your right hand upside down and hold the cup.
- Pick up the cup and tap the opening of the cup on your left palm.
- Hit the bottom edge of the cup on the table but don’t let the cup go.
- Pick the cup again and tap the bottom of the cup to your left palm.
- Hold the bottom of the cup in your left hand and hit your right hand down on the table.
- Cross your left hand over your right hand and place the cup upside down
- Repeat both part A followed by part B for the entire song.
- Make use of a hard plastic cup as it makes good sound when hit on hard surface.
- Avoid use of disposable paper cups because there are chances that the Cup might fly out of your hand.
- Use single color Cup as they make good visual appearance.
Don’t forget to read All about cup song.